Invisalign Clear Braces
It’s easy to admire a perfectly straight, uniform smile, but having correctly aligned teeth goes further than just appearances. Straight teeth are often healthier teeth because they do not overlap; therefore, they are easier to keep clean. They also evenly distribute the force caused by chewing, reducing excessive wear.
Invisalign Clear Braces
If you are an older teen or adult, the idea of a mouth full of brackets and wires may seem unappealing. It is for this reason that both Dr. Ali and Dr. Carla sought certification in Invisalign braces treatment, which provides a more discreet way to achieve a beautiful, straight smile. Our Invisalign dentists have years of experience helping people achieve their ideal smiles.
Instead of brackets and wires, Invisalign utilizes a series of clear plastic aligners to gradually move teeth into alignment. In some cases, small tooth-colored buttons will be placed on the teeth to assist with movement, but we will remove them once treatment is complete.
Invisalign Go includes up to ten aligners and is perfect for less complex cases such as minor crowding. Simpler cases can be done in about six months, depending on your needs.
Invisalign Full includes more than ten aligners and can last up to a year or more. This is a perfect option for patients with more complex orthodontic issues.
To find out which one works best for you, you can receive a free consultation in our Canton dental office. This consultation is for orthodontic treatment and will not include a dental exam or cleaning, but we are happy to arrange an appointment for that too. Just let us know when you call to book.
Benefits of Invisalign Orthodontics
Aside from being nearly invisible, Invisalign aligners have several benefits that people appreciate.
- Smooth and comfortable to wear
- Removable for eating and cleaning teeth
- Often faster than traditional orthodontics
- Fewer appointments necessary
- Highly predictable results with SmartTrack® technology
Of course, the most popular feature, and the reason so many of our patients choose Invisalign invisible braces, is because they can keep their orthodontic treatment a secret.
Basic Invisalign Instructions
Your Invisalign dentists, Dr. Ali and Dr. Carla, will provide you with specific instructions for your unique case, but here is an idea of what to expect with Invisalign treatment.
- Wear aligners for about 22 hours per day.
- Remove aligners only to eat, drink hot liquids, or to clean your teeth.
- Clean your aligners with soap and water or a mild cleanser designed for dental appliances.
- Wear each set of aligners for 1-2 weeks and then switch to the next in the series.
- Avoid hot water and hot cars, which can warp aligners.
- Keep your aligners away from pets.
- If you lose a set of aligners, contact our dental office.
- Maintain regular dental exams, cleanings, and home care.
Do I Need to Wear a Retainer after Invisalign Braces?
Yes. No matter what type of orthodontic treatment you have, a retainer will keep your teeth in place and avoid drifting, also known as orthodontic relapse.
Interesting in Learning More about Invisalign?
If you want more information about Invisalign orthodontics in Canton or Plymouth, contact Sheldon Family Dental to book a free consultation.